my refrigerator..

it was 7.45 p.m, just after maghrib prayer. i was feeling a bit thirsty. so i went to the kitchen, straight to the the fridge to look for refreshments. there was a bottle of apple juice, and a jug of water. in the end, i settled for a cup of water. weird choice, yes i know.

as i was enjoying my drink, i left the fridge door open. i was still indulging my drink when i heard a weird noise from the fridge. it was not that loud, but still it was enough to attract my attention. at first, i thought it might be the sound of a mouse or a lizard trapped behind the fridge. but after a closer inspection, i find out that the noise came form the fridge itself. it sounded like this:

tit, tit, tit....a very machine like sound

i was curious, but at the same time i was feeling excited. i mean, fridges aren't suppose to make any noises, are they? i could feel like the fridge was trying to communicate to me, send me some message, or perhaps it just want to have a chat with it's master, who knows?

and so, my imagination became wilder. maybe that my fridge was transmitting a message from an alien being, declaring friendship or whatever. it could also be that my fridge somehow intercepted a message from an intergalactic warships to their fighter jets, telling the time to invade our earth. maybe that my fridge just happens to be a robot in disguise, like sam witwicky's chevy camaro? it could be, right?

somehow, my brain started to work properly again, and it completely shut off my imagination with a big "NO! there's no way stuff like that are going to happen, except in movies of course. so cut the crap, and get out of the kitchen. and close the fridge door". and so i did.

i was leaving, but somehow my curiosity got the better of me, so i opened the fridge again just to make sure. and there was nothing, just plain silence, much to my disappointment.

perhaps whatever the sound was, it could feel my lack of interest, and therefore leaves to find another person who are interested.

if that's the case, then i must say i had let a chance of once-in-lifetime adventure slip out of my hand. damn.

it's only later i realised that maybe the fridge was making noises because i let door open for too long.

so, if there was any message from the fridge to me, it could be

"please close the door, will you?"

so my hopes for an unrealistic adventure disappeared again.. cehh..



salam maal hijrah to all of you..

Posted bySyafiq Ridhwan at 2:42 AM  

5 comments:

Amirah Zayanah said... December 30, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

this is sooo creative.
imigination kau memang superb! :)
hahaha

dllhsn said... December 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

haha nice one rayap! the next time ur fridge make funny sound, it could be a secret massage from somewhere...hahaha..boleh jadi dowh..

Syafiq Ridhwan said... December 30, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

dilos & mirah: haha, kalau dah kuat berangan dari kecik, beso jd camni la..

FiTRee said... December 30, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

fridge ko jd mcm transformer.hehe

Unknown said... January 4, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

maju gle fridge ko! hahaha.

nicely written rayap! ;)

Post a Comment